Tuesday, August 23, 2016

I Had No Idea!

May 11 was the first day I started to listen to this nagging idea that just wouldn't go away that maybe the headache I'd had since April 24, 2016 was actually a symptom of a build-up of spinal fluid in my brain. But I just couldn't imagine (or want to imagine) that the symptoms of hydrocephalus were a possibility when I'd been hydro-headache-free since 2004!

I even posted this letter to my brain with an "only me" privacy setting so that even my friends and especially my family wouldn't start to worry. But only a few days went by before I changed it to allow any of my friends to read it because the pain was getting worse and VERY worrying! As a mother of four, I knew I'd need help with everything and anything pertaining to the functioning of our home. I dealt with four brain surgeries in college to correct the build-up of spinal fluid in my brain (read more about that here), but I was not only kid-less, home-owner-less, and husband-less, I was younger and had lots of energy to fight the fight! 

And it only got worse...

No comments:

Post a Comment