Thursday, May 12, 2016

Caffeine Cocktail Headache Remedy

Headache Day 18.

Several of my friends are BIG believers in two Excedrin, a coca cola, 50 mg Benadryl, and two red Sudafed to cure many a headache. And I was SO done with this headache that just wouldn't go away so I was willing to try ANYthing, even a remedy that included lots of caffeine. But within the hour of filling my system with more caffeine than I'd probably had in a year, I posted this to Facebook...
I can't handle my caffeine. I took two Excedrin a few hours ago and I'm jittery and shaking like crazy and I STILL have a headache. #sideeffects #medicineisdumb #headache
Seriously though. I've never been a big soda drinker and usually avoid anything with caffeine. I don't like the jitters I get with it. And this remedy was a big ol' headache relief FAIL and actually made me feel worse.

One of my friends commented on this post and offered advice on using essential oils to help my headache. I explained that I love essential oils and have a ton of them for various symptom relief, but that we'd ruled out tension as the cause of this headache. She asked if it could possibly be related to my hydrocephalus and I said, "I'm no where near the craziness that goes on with hydrocephalus, so we're really hopeful that it's hormone related.

Oh! Had it only been an issue of hormone imbalance!

No comments:

Post a Comment