Friday, May 27, 2016

Endoscopic Third Ventriculostomy (ETV)

This is similar to the last brain surgery I had in October 2003 after my third shunt failed. It's a relatively quick procedure actually.
The question of the hour is whether or not this hole they made has scarred over and closed/partially closed and needs to be reopened OR whether or not the hole is open but is no longer draining enough CSF and I need a shunt to drain the excess fluid. Does that make sense? The MRI was supposed to show the CSF flow through this fenestration, but they didn't do that test yesterday for whatever ridiculous reason. But my symptoms suggest that either case requires surgery.
We will have a better game plan on Tuesday. So in the meantime, thank you for your prayers. I guarantee that we're feeling each and every one! #hydrocephalus #endoscopicthirdventriculostomy #etv #etvfailure #aqueductalstenosis


No comments:

Post a Comment