Saturday, May 28, 2016

Original Diagnosis

Day 34. 
Awww! Look, how cute! This is an image from my very first MRI.💕
My ONLY symptoms with these enlarged ventricles were dizziness (like a mold of jello was jiggling in my head) and chronic exhaustion. My headaches didn't begin until I received my first shunt two weeks after this MRI was taken. And they didn't stop until sometime in late 2004.
Before a doctor at the BYU Health Center insisted I receive a MRI for my chronic dizziness, three doctors at Kaiser in Antioch and Walnut Creek diagnosed me with a cold in my inner ear, anxiety and stress, and absolutely nothing at all (the latter "diagnosis" was due to perfectly normal blood tests). Thankfully, the dizziness went away at the end of summer and that allowed me to return to Utah where the correct diagnosis was made when the symptoms returned a month later.

No comments:

Post a Comment