Wednesday, September 14, 2016

HAM 2016

And THIS is why I'm WALKing to end hydrocephalus. Our fundraising efforts helped create the antimicrobial shunt catheter draining excess CSF from my head to my peritoneal cavity. It's not a cure, but it's keeping me alive! We can do this!!!


This is fabulous!! Vicki Bell and I started the WALK events in Utah in 2007 (it was called TEAM then) to bring awareness of hydrocephalus to our community and to help raise money to fund the education, advocacy, and research efforts of the Hydrocephalus Association. And in 2010 SarahAnn Sowby Whitbeck came on board and has carried on the WALK tradition ever since! I remember the crazy stress in the days leading up to the WALK. And she even fit a TV spot into her schedule. SarahAnn, you're awesome!!!


Hydrocephalus Awareness WALK to Kick Off in Murray

No comments:

Post a Comment