Tuesday, October 18, 2016

shunt ETV combo

Eeeek!!! I've been BEGGING for this surgery since May 21 and now it's on the OR schedule for tomorrow! Woohoo!!!! And I'm POSITIVE everything is working out because of your prayers and faith! I have the most wonderful friends and family! ðŸ’•
13 years ago TODAY (I thought it was on the 10th, , I was discharged from Primary Children's Medical Center after Dr Brockmeyer did my ETV (poked a hole at the base of my third ventricle to allow CSF to flow throughout my brain and body compensating to changes in pressure naturally). And Dr MacDonald is going to have Dr Brockmeyer help make that hole wider, thus allowing more CSF to drain through the fenestration.
And now I need a nap because I've been WAY more excited and this externalized ventricular drain can't handle it. We'll keep you updated!

No comments:

Post a Comment