Friday, October 21, 2016

Hospital Day 10

I stayed in the hospital a day longer than planned to help get some semblance of control on my pain. Yesterday was seriously one of the most painful days (physically and emotionally) since all of this began in April. And the resident in charge Wednesday night/Thursday morning kept telling me that my surgery was complication-free and that I was exaggerating my headache pain. He said Tylenol (500mg) was more than I needed for my imagined pain.
Obviously, this resident and I had some issues yesterday. Again, it goes back to what I've been saying since April: YOU are the expert with your body. YOU know it better than anyone else. When something is feeling "off," be aware and be your own advocate even when every dr questions your sanity.
And sure enough, yesterday's CT results showed that my brain is swollen, it's filled with pockets of air, and I have some intraventricular bleeding. All of that adds up to a ridiculously awful headache that took all of Thursday and most of last night to begin to get on top of the pain. Thursday was a really rough day. Like, seriously one of the worst (in regards to pain and emotion) these last several months.
Again, thank you for your prayers! Each of your pleas on my behalf to our Father in Heaven is blessing me and our family with strength, courage, and determination to get through another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment