Monday, October 10, 2016

13th ETV Anniversary

In other news, today is the 13th anniversary of the endoscopic third ventriculostomy procedure that kept me shunt-free for 12.5 years. I'm pretty dang emotional about that. We don't know why it's not working or why my CSF isn't getting absorbed in the brain. Regardless, it's a pretty bitter-sweet day for me now that I'm shunt-dependent and that these shunts keep failing.



We finally got home a few minutes ago from the UofU ER. I couldn't stay on top of my pain levels and had to get help. They were incredibly nice and accommodating and listened to both of us very carefully. This was probably the best experience I've ever had at a urgent or emergent care facility. My symptoms (craaaazy bad headache, nausea and vomiting, double vision) and the scans confirmed to everyone that the surgery scheduled for Wednesday is the best next step. So they gave me meds to keep me as comfortable as possible until then.
We are SO blessed to have each of you in our life! Love you all and now I'm going to sleep.... ðŸ˜´ðŸ’¤

No comments:

Post a Comment