Sunday, June 19, 2016

Happy Father's Day!

Recovery Day 3: Happy Father's Day Glen Varga & Chuck Conover!!!
Last year on Father's Day, Glen and I spoke in church about choosing to believe no matter the circumstances. I had a difficult time preparing my remarks because I kept feeling the need to share my hydrocephalus story and I really didn't want to. Obviously the Lord knew what needed to be shared because we would never have guessed that a year later, I would need the help of my ward family as I healed from brain surgery #5. I actually read my talk again this morning and found myself trying not to cry because I need those words today as much as I apparently needed to share them a year ago.
The healing process hasn't been super fun, but I think we're right on track despite all of the aches and pains. My incisions sting like crazy, the distal catheter (the one that runs from my shunt to my abdominal cavity) is really tender and every time I stand up, I feel a horrible stretching sensation, like it's going to be pulled out of place, and I'm still getting ridiculously painful headaches when I stand up for any amount of time.
Even as I struggle, though, I am incredibly grateful that I'm on the "over with" side of brain surgery! My vision has improved a ton, the dizziness has almost completely gone away, and I'm much more aware of what's going on around me instead of living in The Land of Brain Fog.
My family and I are being blessed in so many ways!! Thank you for your prayers!

In other news...
Lesson learned. If you're listening to meditation music to help you relax enough to take a nap, do NOT use your phone as the source of the music.
I find it pretty ridiculous, though, that the phone call that just interrupted my much-needed nap was from Intermountain Health Care wanting to know about my most recent stay at their hospital. Grrrrrr...

No comments:

Post a Comment