Friday, June 17, 2016

Ouchie!

We're on our way home! I have such HUGE respect for my friends with shunts!! The last 23 hours have been some of the most painful of my life, but I know that I'm in good company in our hydrocephalus community. And at least now we know what's wrong and recovery will only last so long. I'm grateful for all of your prayers! I promise you that Heavenly Father heard each and every one of them and has blessed our family with an abundance of comfort. Love you all!!









Some weirdo awesome friends of mine wanted to see pictures of my head. I don't want to gross everyone out so I'm putting these further down the page. You're welcome to look, but it's pretty gross...
The shunt system is at the top of my head. I also have an incision behind my right ear. That gave them an access point to help feed the tube down my neck. And then I have the incision in my abdomen where the catheter ends.



























  

No comments:

Post a Comment