Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Recovery Day 5

Oh friends. I'm filled with all sorts of happy this morning because I'm finally feeling on the mend! About 12 hours after surgery, we suspected that the shunt was over draining, but we waited a few days to see if we were right. And we were. My neurosurgeon's nurse adjusted the setting yesterday afternoon, and I'm feeling SO much better! The incisions still hurt, but icing them is helping. I still get random headache pain that totally wipes me out, but it's not constant. And with my mom here and with the help of my neighbors and friends, I'm able to just take it easy and enjoy the time I have to rest and heal.
Again, thank you for your prayers! We've been on the receiving end of the Lord's tender mercies throughout this whole process and a lot of these blessings have come because of your faith!

I think I'd be more excited about this article if...
(A) it didn't have as many (any) grammatical errors,
(B) it didn't imply that British scientists weren't ready to invent a cure for hydrocephalus before now, and
(C) the scientific explanation made any kind of sense.
But by all means! Feel free to invent a cure!

No comments:

Post a Comment