Monday, June 13, 2016

Recharged



Day 49
Yesterday was such a needed day of rest! I was even able to make it to church for a little while. Unfortunately the magnitude of what's going on hit me hard and I struggled with my emotions... I thought about the miracles and blessings we've seen so far and my heart was so full of gratitude! But I also thought about the seriousness of the procedure and how it will affect so many systems in my body! And I'm still trying to be okay with the idea that I might need to be shunted again. Regardless the procedure they end up doing, I know from experience that recovery won't be easy, but it'll be better than the pain I'm in right now! I was also overwhelmed yesterday by the love of our ward members. So many of them gave me hugs and well wishes and wanted to know how best they could serve our family. I'm telling you... Our ward is awesome!
And now it's Monday and I'm recharged and ready to fight the red tape again! I'm scheduled for surgery tomorrow (Tuesday) and we want to make sure my neurosurgeon is covered as an in-network provider, but that requires his billing/insurance office to actually do their job and submit the paperwork. Once they do, I've made friends with a gal who works in our insurance company's pre-authorization department and she's ready to get the request processed as soon as she gets the paperwork from my neurosurgeon's office (which was actually supposed to be submitted three weeks ago, but who's counting??). Pray for miracles, my friends, because this could all be over very soon!

In other news... I'm a human barometer. Holy headache!

No comments:

Post a Comment