Friday, June 10, 2016

Hold Your Ground

Day 46
We made a teeny bit of progress yesterday.
The insurance problems are all on my neurosurgeon's insurance and billing people. They've yet to submit ANYthing to my insurance company. His nurse is trying to work on that, but the billing and insurance team are not communicating with her for whatever reason.
My neurosurgeon met with my #2 choice for a surgeon for quite a while yesterday and they discussed my case. So they are both on the same page. The plan is that I have surgery with my surgeon on Tuesday IF they can get the "single case agreement" approved before then. If it isn't approved by then, my surgery will be bumped to the 24th and I doubt we'll wait that long. If it is outright denied, then my #2 choice will do the surgery on their next O.R. day.
My #2 choice doesn't have to meet with me before surgery (because of the surgeon pow-wow yesterday) but his people now have to get all the pre authorizations in place and schedule a time for the operation.
I never imagined that when we all came to the consensus 17 days ago that my ETV was failing that it would take this long to get it fixed and to find some relief. We are all so baffled by this process.
Image may contain: text

No comments:

Post a Comment