Friday, June 24, 2016

Recovery Day 8



My first three shunts in college were all placed posteriorly on the right side of my head. This current shunt has an anterior placement on the top right of my head. Not sure how much of a difference it will make, but I was ALL for not waking up from surgery with the back right side of my head completely shaved. Instead I just have a little patch shaved on top where the shunt pressure valve sits and then a bit behind my right ear where they created an incision to help feed the catheter down my neck to my abdomen. When we got home last Friday, my sweet Katie Lynne was SO happy I still had so much hair. She cried and cried every night leading up to the surgery about the potential loss of my hair and was overjoyed when she saw that it wasn’t that bad! 

No comments:

Post a Comment