Thursday, June 16, 2016

Hip hip HOORAY! It's SURGERY DAY!!!

UPDATE FROM GLEN: Kelly is out of surgery... First indications are that it was successful. The ETV fenestration was wide open. An adjustable shunt was placed with a subcutaneous drain to the abdomen. We'll stay at Intermountain Medical Center overnight, get a CT in the morning and possibly home by tomorrow afternoon. 
Not exactly the ideal outcome we were hoping for, but we knew going in that there are a lot of unknowns and what we ended up with was one of the possibilities. Your continued prayers are appreciated. We Iove you all and appreciate your thoughts and concern for us!

-------
Day 0 - I am overwhelmed with gratitude this morning! Your support, well wishes, and prayers have made today all the easier. I wanted you to know that I looked at every 'like' and every comment from my post yesterday and spent a moment thinking about each of you! My heart is so incredibly full of love and peace because of you!
It took me about an hour yesterday to find this image, but I really wanted to share it with all of you today. When I'm told that someone is praying for me, this is what I imagine: an army of heavenly beings watching over and protecting me and offering me peace of mind. I'll be fine, everything will work out perfectly well today, and the road to recovery will be short and smooth.
Glen will post on my behalf after my surgery this afternoon to let you know how I'm doing.
Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment