Sunday, June 26, 2016

Recovery Day 10



I love the Sabbath Day! Physically I've been resting all the time for weeks and weeks, but Sunday's are a more productive rest for me as I do activities that help draw me closer to my Savior. Several weeks ago, I rediscovered daily journaling as a fabulous way to process the emotional and physical health challenges with which I've been struggling. I've also been spending more and more time in the scriptures as a source for putting life's struggles into an eternal perspective.
Yesterday we learned (the painful way) that I definitely have a time limit on how long I can be up and about without my head feeling like it's going to explode. We're not sure if the shunt is draining too much or too little... The pain feels the same either way. I haven't heard it drain since yesterday morning. But maybe I just can't hear it anymore? It's all so very confusing. And it's in these moments of confusion and frustration that I remind myself that "God is not the author of confusion, but of peace" (1 Corinthians 14:33) and I turn to my Savior in prayer. And guess what? He helps still my soul every time. #BrainSurgeryRecovery #hydrocephalus #ShuntsAreWeird#SabbathDay #HeLives

No comments:

Post a Comment