Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Not Just For My Good

Day 37
The LAST thing a neurosurgeon wants to do is perform brain surgery. They want to double and triple check everything else before they jump to the conclusion that something is structurally wrong with the brain that requires an invasive operation. My last surgery required the neurosurgeon to use a tool that had to work millimeters away from my basilar artery which, if nicked, would cause immediate death. I totally understand and am kinda grateful for the reluctance!
Soooo, when my surgeon tells me that he wants to rule out everything else that might be causing these symptoms, then I get to swallow my frustration and work through the process so that everyone involved feels confident that we're choosing the best path that leads to my good health and healing. And if I need to be shunted again, then we know, for sure, that the shunt is the ONLY and BEST option.
In the meantime, please send your happy and healing thoughts and prayers our way. We're trying to put together an awesome health care team who can work together to come up with answers and solutions in a collaborative way.
And as I navigate through this journey, I'm taking notes!! Our hydrocephalus health care community in Utah is fantastic on the pediatric level and it's beyond time that we make our adult medical community just as amazing! And you KNOW I'm all over that!! I'm convinced that this journey isn't just for me and that everyone in Utah's hydrocephalus community is going to benefit from all of this!

No comments:

Post a Comment